Living in the Honors Community
As an Honors student, you have the option of living in the Honors Residential Community in Edens Hall and Edens North. Check out these beautiful buildings with the Virtual Tour of Edens.
All housing questions should be directed to University Residences. You can call (noon - 4 p.m.) 360-650-6565 or email (8 a.m. - 5 p.m.) firstname.lastname@example.org.
To stay up to date on Housing deadlines, make sure to check out the WWU Housing Timeline.
Living with other Honors students in this community on campus:
- Fosters a strong sense of community.
- Provides a network of peers who have shared experiences both in the hall and in the classroom.
- Connects students with leadership opportunities both in the hall council and on the floor.
Edens Hall (EH) consists of four floors and is home to 158 residents. This building offers double and triple rooms entered from interior hallways. EH is suite-style which means each bathroom connects two (same gender) rooms together. Edens has an elevator and wheelchair accessible.
Edens North (EN) consists of four floors and is home to 117 residents. This building offers single, double, and triple rooms entered from interior hallways. EN is hall-style which means residents of the same gender live on the same floor and share a hall bathroom.
The kitchen and laundry for students in both EH and EN are located in Edens North.
How to get into the Honors Residential Community
Steps for New Students
- Apply to Honors! Admissions decisions are completed on a rolling basis with the majority of decisions shared no later than mid-April.
- After you've been accepted into the Honors College, you will receive a notice to confirm your attendance as well as indicate your housing preference. This is where you would select the Honors Residential Community.
- Apply for on-campus housing by the June 1st New Student Priority Deadline. On your housing application, indicate Edens Hall as your first choice. Note: Honors students who are in roommate pairs with non-Honors roommates will be housed in Edens North and waitlisted to move into Edens Hall on a space-available basis.
Steps for Returning Students
Honors students currently living on campus will receive an email with instructions during the housing renewal period in early February. If you have not received this email, please contact Kate Stevenson at email@example.com.